1 small (80g) onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tbsp polyunsaturated oil
425g can diced tomatoes
2 tbsp salt reduced tomato paste
1 tbsp chopped parsley
250g pkt frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1 cup (240g) low fat ricotta cheese
¼ cup (60mL) light evaporated milk
30g polyunsaturated margarine
125g mushrooms, chopped
1 tbsp flour
¾ cup (190mL) light evaporated milk, extra
12 fresh or instant lasagne sheets
½ cup (60g) grated light cheddar cheese
65 minsTime total
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat; cook onion and garlic in oil for 2 minutes or until tender; add tomatoes, tomato paste and parsley; bring to the boil, reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine spinach, ricotta and light evaporated milk in a medium bowl; mix well and set aside.
- Melt margarine in a medium saucepan over medium heat; add mushrooms, cook 2 minutes, add flour, cook 1 minute. Gradually add extra light evaporated milk. Bring to the boil, reduce heat, simmer 1 minute or until thick and creamy.
- Arrange 4 lasagne sheets in a lasagne dish. Spread tomato sauce evenly over lasagne. Top with another 4 lasagne sheets. Spread spinach and ricotta mixture evenly over lasagne. Top with final 4 lasagne sheets. Spoon mushroom sauce evenly on top.
- Sprinkle with cheese, bake for 30 minutes.