1 pkt cheese sauce mix
1 cup (150g) plain flour
100g butter, cubed
1 tbsp water
1 bunch (400g) English spinach, chopped
2 tsp chopped parsley
2 cups (240g) grated cheddar cheese
4 eggs, lightly beaten
½ cup (125mL) milk
Step by step
45 minsTime total
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced. Grease a 20cm flan tin.
- Place cheese sauce mix, flour and butter in a food processor and process until combined. Add sufficient water to make a dough. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Roll out pasty between 2 sheets of baking paper; ease into prepared tin, pressing into base and sides; trim excess pastry.
- Cook spinach in boiling water for 3 minutes; drain and rinse under cool water; squeeze out any liquid.
- Place spinach in the pastry case, sprinkle with parsley and cheese. Whisk together eggs and milk; pour over cheese.
- Bake 25 minutes or until set. Serve warm or cold.