spray oil for cooking
1 medium (150g) onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp grated ginger
2 tbsp mild Indian curry paste, (such as madras or tikka)
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp turmeric
2 tsp coriander
500g lean lamb steaks, cubed
1½ cups (300g) basmati rice
4 cups (1L) chicken stock
1 tbsp Asian Seasoning sauce
1 cup (120g) frozen peas
2 cups (200g) cauliflower florets
¼ cup (35g) coarsely chopped dried apricots
150g natural yogurt
2 tbsp chopped mint
2 medium (300g) tomatoes, chopped
2 tbsp chopped coriander
Step by step
50 minsTime total
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced.
- Heat a large casserole dish over medium heat; spray with oil; add onion and garlic, cook until soft. Add ginger, curry paste, cumin, cinnamon, turmeric and coriander; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add ¼ cup (60mL) water, if necessary, to prevent sticking.
- Add lamb and cook for 5 minutes or until browned. Stir in rice and cook for 1 minute; add stock, Asian seasoning sauce, peas, cauliflower and apricots; bring to a boil. Remove from heat and cover with lid.
- Place in the oven and bake 25-30 minutes or until stock is absorbed and rice is cooked. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine yogurt and mint in a small bowl; mix well. Combine tomatoes and coriander in a separate bowl, mix well.